Fashion Group International revealed the finalists for the 15th edition of its Rising Star Awards on January 3, with nominees including Wes Gordon, Norman Ambrose, Nary Manivongand and Tommy Hilfiger's daughter Alexandria are in the women’s ready-to-wear category.
Having previously honored designers such as Fabiola Arias and Bradley Scott, the annual awards highlight up-and-coming New York-based design talent in categories including women’s ready-to-wear, men’s apparel and accessories.
Here is a list of men's and women’s wear finalists for this year, courtesy of WWD.
Rising Star finalists (women’s ready-to-wear)
- Wes Gordon
- Nary Manivong
- Alexandria Hilfiger of Nahm
- Elene Cassis
- Joel Diaz and Christina LaPens of Jolibe
- Norman Ambrose
- Nara Paz of Nara Paz Design Internationale
- Misha Nonoo of Nonoo
- Stacy Lomman of Stacy Lomman: New York
- Steven McDermott of Stevie Mac New York
Rising Star finalists (men’s wear)
- Simon Spurr
- Rob Magness of Grown & Sewn
- Ian Velardi
- Luis M. Fernandez of Number: Lab
The winners will be declared in New York January 26, 2012. People can find details on buying tickets for the event here: http://www.fgi.org/index.php?news=2694